Vacation Time With Aroma Share
It’s July and the Aroma Share Club theme is vacation time! Our oils this month include one of the eight blends that was introduced in fall 2014, Comfort Touch TM, as well as the singles Cedarwood and Spearmint.
What do these oils have in common? They will help keep your July and every summer from being a “Cruel, Cruel Summer.” (By the way, something you never knew about Liz Leopardi – because, hey, this is my first blog post here – is that I think in songs and lyrics. You’re welcome or I’m sorry, depending on how the songs hit you.)
Summer vacation sometimes packs in unwelcome guests. Some fly in for a visit: ants, moths, flies, mosquitoes* and other bugs. Active little and big people get boo-boos and owies. A wrong turn can add miles, irritation and maybe a headache or four. Few vacation memories are complete without Terrible Tales of Tummy Trouble. A vacation can even include one of those summer bummer colds. (I met my husband when I had a summer bummer cold. Of course he wasn’t my husband yet. When my bloodshot eyes met his, he probably would have been pretty hard to convince that he was going to marry me.)
Let’s take a closer look at these oils, taking the singles out for a spin:
Cedarwood – this particular one is from the “atlantica” species, known to be mild, gentle and calming to the nerves. I’d sniff it if I was directionally challenged when driving. Or were – I could never get that one right.
- Bugs: ant and moth repellent
- Grrrs: has a sedative effect and is helpful for male emotional challenges
- Ughs: fungal infections of the scalp
- Achoos: it doesn’t help with sneezing but does work as an expectorant for chest and lungs
- Did-you-knows?: this oil reduces oil for oily skin and scalp; helps the scalp, helps the hair
- BIG no-nos: not for pregnant women because it could induce miscarriage; no internal use
Spearmint – use in place of peppermint for young children
- Bugs: repels moths, ants, flies and mosquitoes
- Boo-boos: reduces inflammation, helps fight germs, infection, fever; relieves spasms
- Grrrs: helps relieve headache, mental fatigue, depression
- Ughs: helps relieve nausea, motion sickness, hiccups, flatulence,
- constipation, diarrhea, muscle cramps, intestinal gas pain
- Achoos: decreases nasal mucous, helps open respiratory system
- Did-you-knows?: a tiny bit can help with baby’s teething discomfort
- No-nos: if you’re using homeopathic remedies, no Spearmint for you
Comfort Touch – is an excellent boo-boo essential oil blend, developed for children and also found to aid adults as well.
All swim – what’s splashing around in this blend?
- Copaiba: anti-inflammatory and skin conditions
- Fennel: skin-strengthening and circulation
- Geranium: slows bleeding, wound healing and scar prevention
- Lavender: the skincare queen for burns, sunburns, including swelling and scarring prevention
- Palmarosa: more gentle than Tea Tree and also helpful for a wide variety of skin care needs
- Rosemary: helps relieve joint pain and strength the immune system
- Boo-boos: cuts, scrapes, bruises and small scratches; scar prevention
- Grrrs, Ughs, Achoos, and Did-you-knows?: although Comfort Touch may have some benefits toward these concerns, it is mainly a blend for small scratches and bruises.
- BIG no-nos: people with epilepsy and estrogenic cancers should avoid this blend; children or pregnant women should dilute
How do you learn the safest ways to use Comfort Touch, Cedarwood and Spearmint? Get the book or the free e-book. Foundational Aromatherapy is the new book by Leiann King and Brenda Wright and is available here: http://foundationalaromatherapy.com/book-landing-page/
Nearly half of the book is offered as a free e-book, with detailed information about 46 single oils and 25 blends: http://foundationalaromatherapy.com/ebook/
When you order your July Aroma Share essential oils, look for item number 67955 and/or search for Vacation Time July 2015 – Oils of the Month in your back office or shop. You have until the 25th to order these oils. I always have them in my autoship and, even if you have your autoship date after the 25th you can still get the July oils.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and I hope these oils help you!