Webinar: Dr. Center's On Integrative Medicine
Shawn K, Centers, DO, FACOP, BCIM, BCIP
Shawn K. Centers, DO, FACOP, BCIM, BCIP, is the medical director of the Children's HOPE Center (Holistic, Osteopathic, Pediatric, Essential).
Before starting the Children's HOPE Center, Dr. Centers served as the medical director of the Osteopathic Center for Children, where he worked closely with the esteemed Dr. Viola Frymann for over 20 years. He is an internationally renowned pediatrician and osteopath chosen by Dr. Frymann to continue her work.
Over the years, under the direction of Dr. Viola Frymann and Dr. Shawn Centers, patients have been seen from all over the United States, Europe, Asia, and Mexico; Drs. Frymann and Centers developed the Osteopathic Center for Children into a renowned international training center, working with physicians and osteopaths from around the world.
More about Dr. Centers:
- Chair, American Board of Integrative Pediatrics, American Association of Integrative Medicine
- President, American Academy of Pediatric Osteopathy
- Director of Medical Education, AutismOne
- Pediatric Internship, St. BarnabasHospital/ NYU Cornell Medical Center, New York University
- Medicine & General Surgery, Pediatrics, Pediatric Chief Resident, Children's Hospital of New Jersey
- Undergraduate Clinical & Teaching Fellowship in Osteopathic Medicine, Nova Southeastern University
Dr. Centers is most noted for his development of innovative osteopathic and integrative medical techniques in children with complex medical problems, especially children with autism. Centers studied herbal medicine under John R. Christopher. He has extensively studied the techniques of John Grinder, Richard Bandler, and Thad Everet James. Centers utilizes the Time Line Therapy techniques developed by Tad James, PhD. Dr. Centers is also a Master Trainer of Neurolinquistic Programming and Time Therapy and was certified by Tad James.
Dr. Centers is a clinical professor of pediatrics and osteopathic medicine at a number of osteopathic medical schools in this country and abroad including Toura University, A.T. Still University, and the Osteopathic College of Bologna, Italy. He was the lead author in the pediatrics chapter of Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine, the most widely used osteopathic textbook.